Today is the first day of the Xbox Live Indie Games Summer Uprising promotion. Like promotions in the past, this event is created to boost awareness of select indie games from interesting new developers. In an attempt to bolster support for the titles further, the developers have offered their soundtracks free of charge.
The grand total for all games on this list is $11. If you are looking for console gaming on the cheap, pay attention this week. Alongside this announcement is the arrival of a new Xbox Live Indie Games application for Android, Windows Phone 7 and iOS (as soon as it gets approved). I welcome anything that helps highlight high quality games over massagers any day.
The full list of games and their debut dates for the event are as follows:
- Mon Sep 10th – qrth-phyl – 80 MSP ($1)
- Tues Sep 11th – Sententia – 80 MSP ($1)
- Wed Sep 12th – Diehard Dungeon – 80 MSP ($1)
- Thurs Sep 13th – Gateways – 240 MSP ($3)
- Fri Sep 14th – Smooth Operators – 80 MSP ($1)
- Mon Sep 17th – Entropy – 80 MSP ($1)
- Tues Sep 18th – City Tuesday – 80 MSP ($1)
- Wed Sep 19th – Xenominer – 80 MSP ($1)
- Thurs Sep 20th – Pixel – 80 MSP ($1)