While Special Editions of games have become more and more commonplace, the quality of the extra features has declined steeply. Up until this point, the special edition of Madden games has numbered among those that aren’t worth the extra money. That all changed this year when EA Sports and Amazon announced the Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition.
This special edition comes with:
- A copy of Madden NFL 25
- A Madden Ultimate Team Subscription: Starting Week 1 of the NFL season and continuing through Week 17, receive one pack a week for use in Madden Ultimate Team. The Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition packs feature 2 rare players, 4 silver players and 4 bronze players
- Exclusive Offers from DirecTV:
- For fans who are not currently DirecTV subscribers but are able to receive DirecTV service, they will receive a promo code entitling them to $10 off per month for their first year of service and one year of NFL Sunday Ticket Max at no additional charge
- For fans who are already DirecTV and NFL Sunday Ticket Max subscribers, you can access NFL Sunday Ticket on your computer, tablet, and mobile devices using your current DirecTV username and password
- For fans unable to receive DirecTV service, each Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition will include a unique code to access the 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computers, tablets, and mobile devices- including access to the award-winning Red Zone Channel
The last bullet point is the one to keep an eye on. NFL Sunday Ticket Max is easily a $300 a year subscription charge but you can get this special edition and get the service for about $40. Football fans without DirecTV should definitely take advantage of this. While it seems like this deal was meant for those who don’t have access to DirecTV, there’s nothing to stop people with access to the satellite service from using the code provided to access the Sunday Ticket Max Content, especially at that price; I’ll take an 87% discount on anything any day. One of the best parts about this deal is that while Amazon limited the Anniversary Edition to 100,000 copies they aren’t sold out yet and are slated to be available through the release date. If you want to order the Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition click HERE.
Madden NFL 25 releases on all major consoles Tuesday August 27th.