While rumors have persisted online about the plans for this fall, leaked screenshots have surfaced of the next installment in the Assassin’s Creed franchise. Code-named Assassin’s Creed: Unity, the game is set (at least partially) in 18th-century Paris presumably during the French Revolution. These screenshots feature Parisian landmarks such as Notre Dame and the Seine River in what appears to be an early build of the game.
And that’s just the beginning. Assassin’s Creed: Unity will be one of two major Assassin’s Creed games to be released in 2015. Unity will be for the Xbox One and PS4 and a second game, code-named Comet, will be released on Xbox 360 and PS3. The prospect of two major AC games this fall is particularly interesting as it separates the two development teams and allows them to cater each game to their respective console hardware. No word on whether the game will feature the same, related, or completely separate narratives.
The leaked screenshots seem to corroborate a post on NeoGAF a few weeks ago that listed several details from the upcoming game(s):
- set in paris and england (london?)
- main characters name is arno/harno something. will be heading the french divison of assassins.
- looks to be set after the ezio period, character had handgun.
- looks like victorian era judging by the way npc dressed, architecture, horse carriages parked on the streets.
- Villa management is back. MC has his own villa (guy says its ezio’s villa from AC:B). dunno if it makes any sense geographically or it might be a mistranslation.
codename is AC:unity. Not final title, might be battle/fight something (cant remember). The AC logo is cut in the middle like the beyond/quantum break logo.
- MC has a blue suit with a tinge of red in the clip(might change). looked similar to the ones worn by the Knights in order 1886.
from the clip it looks like a cross gen title. Although the guy tells me its next gen only title.
- Visually looked quiet decent but it was ver early footage. Had fantastic draw distance and crowd density was much higher than the older games despite them appearing/disappearing from thin air.
Hopefully, you can look to be playing the next Assassin’s Creed game this fall.